Chae-Ok wants to meet with the King to beg for Yoon and Commander Jo's life. Baek Jo-Wan calls her crazy, saying that it is very dangerous to meet with the King. Won-Hae tells her meeting with the King is possible, if she's a ghost.
Chae-Ok writes a letter to Yoon.
"Sir, I met you for the first time when I was seven. I was still a child and don't fully understand the meaning of sadness, despite after the death of my father, and being separated from my mother and brother. On that day, you carried me on your back in the rain. After that day, you became my father, mother and brother. All the times I've spent with you are all the memories I have of this life. If I lose you, how could I continue living? My Lord, just like you said, I should not have gone to the mountain camp in the first place. If I had not gone, I would not have met the rebel leader. Your life was at stake, but I could not kill that man. I don't understand it, and it pains me more than dying. The only thing I can do is this. This stupid girl, will die like this. I wish for you to reach your goals in life. Young master, the destined metting we had please, forget it."
Chae-Ok sneaks in the the palace. Chae-Ok manages to see the King but was attacked by heavily skilled guards. She was brought before the King, who asks for her identity. She tells the King that she is a damo. She told the King to pardon Yoon and Commander Jo since they are innocent. The King permits her to speak further, and she tells everything she has uncovered about the rebels and the conspiracy.
Byung-Taek demans to know about the whereabouts of Chae-Ok from Baek Jo-wan and Won-Hae, which resulted in a small fight since Byung-Taek pulled rank on them. Ta Bak-Nyu and Ma-Chook-Ji found Chae-Ok, injured and dying. They bring her to Won-Hae and others. Chae-Ok managed to tell them that she has met with the King before fainting.
The King consults his secret agent on what to do. The agent tells the King that Commander Jo and Yoon are good officers, and furthermore Commander Jo has lost his only son with the rebels. A doctor takes a look at Chae-Ok but says he cannot save her. Won-Hae demands the doctor to find a way. The King's agent summons Yoon and Commander Jo with a letter from the King. Yoon asks why, and the agent mentions Chae-Ok. The letter contains the pardon from the King. The other officials express their disapproval of the King's pardon, but the King was firm on his decision. Yoon returns to the police station to find Chae-Ok in that state. Yoon tries to solicit the help of the King's doctor, but rejects his request. Yoon points his sword at the doctor and forced him to examine Chae-Ok. The Royal doctor is also unable to do anything to save Chae-Ok. Yoon takes Chae-Ok to the temple where they grew up. Commander Jo is very angry at Yoon's disapperance. He orders his men to look for Sung-Baek's trails.
At the forest near the mountain camp, Won-Hae leaves his troops for a while to pay his respects where the soldiers were killed. He sees several rebels in the forest, and starts to trail them. He discovers the leper village, where they are making weapons at their forge. Won-Hae reports back his findings to Commander Jo. Commander Jo sends troops to capture the people in the village. A spy warns Choi of the movement of the police. Cho goes to see his superior, who is revealed to be Judge Jung Pil-Joon. Jung Pil-Joon orders Japanese warriors to kill everyone in the leper village so they can't be questioned by the police. The police found everyone dead upon arriving at the scene, so they left. When Jang Sung-Baek arrived at the village, he was mortified to find everyone dead and angry with the police. Soo-Myung sees a knife left by the killers and gives it to Sung-Baek. Sung-Baek realizes the knife is foreign, he thinks that maybe Choi and his superior are the ones behind the massacre. He sees Choi and demands to see his superior. Yoon uses all his strength to heal Chae-Ok. He sees the letter written by Chae-Ok and weeps. He tells to an unsconscious Chae-Ok, that she cannot die like this, not when he haven't told her his feelings yet. Judge Jung Pil-Joon meets with Sung-Baek, and starts to tell him how sorry he was about the tragedy. Sung-Baek told him it was not done by the police. One of the Japanese warriors sacrifices himself to trick Sung-Baek into believing that they weren't behind the massacre. Judge Jung tells Sung-Baek to hide as he will take care of everything from now on, and Sung-Baek refuses.
At the temple, the old master sees no sign of recovery from Chae-Ok, tells Yoon that he must "kill" Chae-Ok. By killing her, hopefully the force of the strike would be enough to wake her up. Yoon uses all his strength to "kill" Chae-Ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment